By The River

As I lay down… by the river,
those waters eternal and fair.
While the cool air… it slides gently,
across
my skin and my hair.
Allow the light of the full moon,
to quench… the thirst of the past,
may the feel of tranquility
absorb -
overcome and surpass…
the fear and… the hopelessness,
that surrounds… my day after day…
let the peace I’ve discovered
rise up… and take me away.

As I wake up… by the river,
the green grass revives and endears.
While the fresh dew… it moves softly,
across
my face and my tears.
Allow the light of the dawn’s sun,
to shift… the indifference within,
may the feel of endurance
embrace -
enhance and begin…
to shield me… from the heartache
that engulfs… my night after night…
let the strength I’ve recovered
rise up… and reclaim my life.

Copyright © 2009 Stone Bryson. All Rights Reserved.
Written February 2009
About Stone...
Known in many (albeit small) online circles over the past 15 years, Stone Bryson is a poet, storyteller, and essayist. He is working on various writing projects, and lives what he describes as an 'analog life.' He resides in Jackson County, Missouri.