Now Finally Today [E]

I was finally able to pull the trigger today,
jammed the sight between broken teeth
so I could blow my light away.
The agony of constant pain,
failure - and self disgust…
lifted off me now… and was laid to rest today.

I was finally able to leave this world today,
this heartless land despised my art
and never wanted me anyway.
The green that fuels its soul and veins,
cold-cruel - and filled with rust…
put behind me now… with a single round today.

I was finally able to achieve some peace today,
the demons thrashed my fragile soul
though for years I kept them at bay.
The battles I fought within, without…
exhausted - and caked in dust…
they can’t touch me now… after what I did today.

Original Copyright © 2007 Stone Bryson. All Rights Reserved.
Written September 2007
About Stone...
Known in many (albeit small) online circles over the past 15 years, Stone Bryson is a poet, storyteller, and essayist. He is working on various writing projects, and lives what he describes as an 'analog life.' He resides in Jackson County, Missouri.