Patron Saint

"... feel the rapture of submission
and of letting go..."


Tell me all your secret sins...
and do not be afraid,
I shall not judge, nor demean you
nor ever lead astray.
Kneel before my outstretched hand
and do not live in shame,
for I will grant you liberation -
while making you my slave.

Submit yourself to my command...
and do not fail my will,
watch the vistas of your hopes
begin to rise, fulfill.
Trust that where I lead your heart
will take you to the place,
where you can stand without regret -
and never feel disgrace.

Step into my willing chains...
surrender your control,
feel the rapture of submission
and of letting go.
Trust the paths I'll lead you on,
of smooth and rocky ground,
will take you to discovery -
I will not let you down.

I am the key to your dreams...
unlocking you inside,
driving out that fretful urge
to run away or hide.
I am the only patron saint
that you will ever need,
allow my word to dominate -
and I will set you free.

Copyright © 2010 Stone Bryson. All Rights Reserved.
Written January 2010
About Stone...
Known in many (albeit small) online circles over the past 15 years, Stone Bryson is a poet, storyteller, and essayist. He is working on various writing projects, and lives what he describes as an 'analog life.' He resides in Jackson County, Missouri.