Gypsy's Whim

"... you’re not big on honesty -
through your tales I clearly see..."


I love the fire in your heart …
and I know it burns for me,
but I am also not so blind…
to believe it will always be.
Your feelings move like spilling time…
shifting with the changing tides,
you’re not big on honesty - through your tales I clearly see,
yet I stay with every lie.

‘Cause you’re a lot of fun for now…
I like having you around.
I know someday I’ll cry,
and may even wonder why.
I know the essence of your soul… is just a gypsy’s whim,
In a way I’ll be relieved - when you do decide to leave,
yet I dance with you again.

Original Copyright © 2007 Stone Bryson. All Rights Reserved.
Written September 2007
About Stone...
Known in many (albeit small) online circles over the past 15 years, Stone Bryson is a poet, storyteller, and essayist. He is working on various writing projects, and lives what he describes as an 'analog life.' He resides in Jackson County, Missouri.