If Only In My Mind

I look into those eyes of brown
and I know there's something more,
the roads that I've been traveling -
the chaos of before,
the mist that chokes my sight and sound
begins to gently fade...
I've stared into your darkest crooks -
and did not look away.
'Cause you're the one
who gives me hope that
there's value to this life,
the reason that
I'm do not fear
those edges of the knife,
you take me to
the only place
where I can feel alive,
you are, the one............
if only in my mind.

I listen to your voice of silk
and I dream of you and me,
I hang myself on every word -
you know that I believe,
I see us in each other's souls
yet I could be without clue...
was not prepared to have these thoughts -
or to fall in love with you.
But you're the one
whose beauty is
angelic in its pose,
whose character is
unsurpassed and
no one can come close,
with you I do not
have a fear of darkness
or the light,
you are, the one............
if only in my mind.

Copyright © 2009 Stone Bryson. All Rights Reserved.
Written November 2009
About Stone...
Known in many (albeit small) online circles over the past 15 years, Stone Bryson is a poet, storyteller, and essayist. He is working on various writing projects, and lives what he describes as an 'analog life.' He resides in Jackson County, Missouri.