Without You

"... I stare endlessly at nothing
while the numbness works my brain."


They said that you were wicked,
and that you would bring me down,
they told me to get rid of you,
so I sent you out of town.
Now the days gone by without you here
have left me low and blue,
I don’t want to live another day,
if I live it… without you.

My sleep is cold and restless,
waking hours spent in vain,
I stare endlessly at nothing
while the numbness works my brain.
They’re trying to keep you from me,
not knowing that you are true,
well I don’t think I can go on
if it must be… without you.

They stared at us with disdain
when we would step outside,
They punished me for holding you
'cause I would not cringe and hide.
They treated us as second class
because of what we do,
Well I'd rather die and burn in hell
than go on... without you.

Original Copyright © 2006 Stone Bryson. All Rights Reserved.
Written September 2006
About Stone...
Known in many (albeit small) online circles over the past 15 years, Stone Bryson is a poet, storyteller, and essayist. He is working on various writing projects, and lives what he describes as an 'analog life.' He resides in Jackson County, Missouri.