Fantasy

I lay here alone in bed......
slumber ignores -
and I am bored to death.
Mind drifts away from me......
a blur passes by -
shift from reality.
And then suddenly I knew......
the vision takes shape -
and I see once again it’s you.

Maybe it’s wrong to think
about your eyes and curves
the way I am right now -
but I don’t really care.
The fantasy surrounds me
and now all I can do
is let you take my breath -
as though you’re really here.

This is not uncharted ground......
I’ve thought about you -
more times than I can count.
I dream both in night and day......
naked and clothed -
in color and in gray.
The friendship is all that stands...
but you’re still a woman -
and you know that I am a man.

I can’t help it if these thoughts
go raging through my skin
when I am all alone -
it’s what I want to do.
I’d love to stir your morals
and make your body move
in ways you can’t imagine -
the things I’d do to you.

Copyright © 2009 Stone Bryson. All Rights Reserved.
Written December 2009
About Stone...
Known in many (albeit small) online circles over the past 15 years, Stone Bryson is a poet, storyteller, and essayist. He is working on various writing projects, and lives what he describes as an 'analog life.' He resides in Jackson County, Missouri.