Poet

The noise betrays......
I cannot see,
the ink is smeared -
my pen diseased.
Thoughts are blind
when heart is caught
between two blades...
words, that turn to rot.
I stretch out from the dark......
and try to breathe...
the darkness reaches back for me.
Cannot escape......
the horror...
of that which will not let me be.

The pressure swells......
sinful, devout,
steaming inside -
I need to get this out.
I have to choose
between starving verse
or dying deep within...
I don't know which is worse.
Creations laugh out loud......
foolish dreams...
depriving life bit by degree.
Gamble assured......
once again...
I notice that, they're all laughing at me.

Copyright © 2010 Stone Bryson. All Rights Reserved.
Included in the e-book, "Walls of Shadow"
Written November 2010
About Stone...
Known in many (albeit small) online circles over the past 15 years, Stone Bryson is a poet, storyteller, and essayist. He is working on various writing projects, and lives what he describes as an 'analog life.' He resides in Jackson County, Missouri.