Quite The Way We Do

"... you put the light of the moon,
and the sun to shame..."


Gone through years of shaving through...
emotions that I've neatly bottled up for you -
it's about damned time to uncork
and stake my claim.
A look radiant...
sets my eyes aflame,
you put the light of the moon, and the sun to shame...
gonna bring my all - and split that ring in two.
You cannot deny the chemistry...
when eyes and words lock, pure intensity,
want to tear down convention, and every border too -
for none come together... quite the way we do.

Separated by boundaries concrete and faux...
where the passion's leveed off preventing overflow -
it's about damned time to break through
and set you free.
West coast woman...
like the mist from sea,
saturating every pore, that's surrounding me...
gonna bring my all - I will not let you go.
Escape from the prison that is your decay...
I've ripped the door open, thrown it away,
want to take you with me, for there is nothing more true -
no lovers come together... quite the way we do.

Copyright © 2012 Stone Bryson. All Rights Reserved.
Written April 2012
About Stone...
Known in many (albeit small) online circles over the past 15 years, Stone Bryson is a poet, storyteller, and essayist. He is working on various writing projects, and lives what he describes as an 'analog life.' He resides in Jackson County, Missouri.