Lillith [E]

"... the greatness of your darkness,
or the woman deep within..."


Sitting here all alone, with white-noise as my friend,
cannot burn the emptiness that threatens me again,
I try to do that which is right but it always turns out wrong,
making bad decisions… end up where I don’t belong.

Now Lillith come and save me from this underlying sin,
and take me to a place… where I cannot lose again.
Rescue me from myself so I ride a path that’s true,
and do not let me suffocate… in the crazy shit I do.

A misunderstood goddess, they do not comprehend,
the greatness of your darkness, or the woman deep within,
I know that I am going down and only you can save,
the man I once thought I was… at the bottom of his grave.

Now Lillith come and resurrect the pride that I once had,
fix my shattered self-esteem… so I once again can stand,
wrap your loving presence around every part of me,
claim my essence as your own… and break this loser free.

Original Copyright © 2007 Stone Bryson. All Rights Reserved.
Written January 2007
About Stone...
Known in many (albeit small) online circles over the past 15 years, Stone Bryson is a poet, storyteller, and essayist. He is working on various writing projects, and lives what he describes as an 'analog life.' He resides in Jackson County, Missouri.