X

"Intentions pure and uncorrupted -
are raped by neurotic whims..."


I am not god, I‘m not the devil -
I’m worse than both combined,
my darkened soul has intercourse
with the goodness in my mind.

Those better angels of my nature -
who battle the demons within,
fight with honor but are outnumbered
and get violated in the end.

Intentions pure and uncorrupted -
are raped by neurotic whims
surrender is but a horizon away
when there’s just no way to win.

Sanity streams from vacant eyes -
lucidity won’t remain,
so scratch an ‘X’ across my life
and save yourself some pain.

Original Copyright © 2008 Stone Bryson. All Rights Reserved.
Written February 2008
About Stone...
Known in many (albeit small) online circles over the past 15 years, Stone Bryson is a poet, storyteller, and essayist. He is working on various writing projects, and lives what he describes as an 'analog life.' He resides in Jackson County, Missouri.