It's All About You

"But in you I have found...
a truer picture of me..."


Facing all the trials… the fear and the doubt,
despite all the error… my life’s been about,
I think I have found… what I’ve wanted so long,
a place to call home… safe and secure…
where I know I belong.

It’s all about you… and it always has been,
since the very first moment you arrived
though I didn’t realize it then.
Through the mistakes that I’ve made -
by the pride of a fool,
I now understand
with all of my heart that
it’s all about you.

Through laughter and tears…the battles we’ll wage,
insecurity’s storms… will hammer with rage,
But in you I have found… a truer picture of me,
Loyal and strong… unbreakable and solid…
what I’m driven to be.

It’s all about you… and it’ll always be so,
discovering the nature of your heart
has finally… let me know.
Through the heartaches we’ve shared,
and the hope we renew,
I now understand
with every breath I take
it’s all about you.

Original Copyright © 2008 Stone Bryson. All Rights Reserved.
Written January 2008
About Stone...
Known in many (albeit small) online circles over the past 15 years, Stone Bryson is a poet, storyteller, and essayist. He is working on various writing projects, and lives what he describes as an 'analog life.' He resides in Jackson County, Missouri.