Resurrect

Now that I’ve traveled... so many miles now,
the destination is in sight.
The journey’s coming… to the end now,
and I feel relieved and light.
The burdens that I’ve carried
become wetness on the grass,
the rack and toil that’s driven me
dissolves into the past,
The noise-pollution in my mind goes
silent as my chest,
angry swarms that dissipate and
finally let me rest.
The Mother takes her loving hand
and peels the soil away…
brings my tired bones to life and
frees me from this grave.
The eyes that stared and haunted me
when mirrors passed me by…
reclaim their sharp lucidity through
clearing years of lies.
The rays of moon illuminate
my rough and shallow skin...
and resurrect this darkened soul
to let me breathe again.

Copyright © 2009 Stone Bryson. All Rights Reserved.
Written January 2009
About Stone...
Known in many (albeit small) online circles over the past 15 years, Stone Bryson is a poet, storyteller, and essayist. He is working on various writing projects, and lives what he describes as an 'analog life.' He resides in Jackson County, Missouri.